1. Officially withdraw from your current school.
- You will need documentation that you are officially withdrawn. You will be given an official withdrawal form once you do so.
- If transferring from another Illinois high school. You will be provided with the form below but we have included a copy for your reference:
2. Complete required forms:
(Provides more information regarding eye exam requirements)
** Note: you may have the opportunity to the waive the eye exam requirement. Reasons for the exemption are stated in the Illinois Eye Exam Waiver form. Please complete the form below to request an eye exam waiver:
3. Provide copies of:
- Birth certificate
- Transcript and test scores from previous school
- Copy of IEP or 504 (if applicable)
* You will need to complete a Release of Records form that will be sent to your child's previous school, authorizing the school to send your child's records to Maine West
- If you believe you qualify for reduced or free lunch and books, please complete the Fee Waiver Application and bring in a copy of your most recent income taxes.
- (If you were approved for a fee waiver this school year, please provide a copy of that approval.)
4. Bring all completed forms to the Student Services office (B102).
5. The Student Services secretaries will generate a code for you to start online registration through Infosnap (online registration tool).
6. The Student Services secretaries will make an appointment for you to meet with a school counselor within a few days.